RBC Insurance® is pleased to offer three new coverage options to better protect home insurance customers.
This important add-on to your current home insurance policy provides affordable coverage for damage from overland water entering the home as a result of:
- Torrential rains
- Spring thaws
- Over-flowing rivers or lakes
Cost for Overland Water coverage will vary based on where your home is located (risk zone) and the value of your property.Learn More
Your Existing Coverage May Not Be Enough
Base policies, including Extended Water Damage coverage, only cover damage from burst pipes and sewer/water back-up.
Home Repair Bundle2
A preventative, time-saving home repair solution for $125/year
- Fix a minor repair issue before it leads to a larger claim
- Help prevent further claims occurring from the same cause by installing a damage prevention device
- Get free advice and assistance over the phone from legal, health and real estate experts.
Identity Theft Expense3
An expense reimbursement and legal advice solution for $30/year
- Get help with expenses incurred to restore your identity (e.g. lost wages)
- Register/cancel credit cards and important documents by calling a 24-Hour Hotline
- Obtain identity theft legal advice from a Legal Assistance Helpline
Home and Auto insurance products distributed by RBC Insurance Agency Ltd. and underwritten by Aviva General Insurance Company.
1 Protects you from financial loss or damage related to overland water entering a property from the sudden accumulation of water from heavy rains, spring run-off, or overflow from lakes and rivers. Damage from salt water flooding is excluded from coverage.
Other terms, conditions and/or exclusions may apply. For full terms and conditions of coverage, please speak with your insurance advisor and refer to the endorsement wording.
Coverage is currently unavailable in Quebec. Quebec residents may call 1-800-769-2526 for questions about their policy and coverages.
2 The Home Repair Bundle can be added to homeowners (primary and secondary) and condominium policies underwritten by Aviva General Insurance Company. For full terms and conditions of coverage, please speak with your insurance advisor and refer to the endorsement wording.
3 "Identity Theft Expense" means a cost associated with the restoration of an insured person’s identity.