Credit Card and Travel Insurance Claims
The simple way to start your claim submission
The outbreak of COVID-19 has disrupted travel plans all over the world. If you need to submit a claim for trip cancellation, trip interruption, medical, baggage, purchase security or extended warranty, we’ve made it easy to get started online.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Claims Through an RBC Travel Insurance Policy/Certificate
If you purchased trip cancellation or trip interruption coverage through an RBC travel insurance policy/certificate, please use this submission form.
Claims Through an RBC Credit Card
For a claim under the terms of your RBC Credit Card for any of the following, please use the submission forms and the process outlined on this page below.
- Trip cancellation or trip interruption insurance
- Baggage insurance
- Emergency medical insurance
- Purchase security and warranty insurance
Benefits of submitting your claim online
Our call centers are overwhelmed with claim requests, as many of our clients have been impacted by recent events. To bypass lengthy wait times, submit your claim online through TitanFile, which is a secure platform for uploading documents.
By submitting online, your information will be received securely and processed quickly. If you haven’t submitted a claim online before, we’ve outlined everything you need to get started.
What you need to get started
Before beginning your claim submission, make sure you have the following information:
- Your completed claim form (see below)
- Any supporting claim documentation
If you only have print versions of any of the above, snap a picture of the form on your smart device. PDF, JPEG, GIF and PNG files are all accepted.
Complete your claim form
The last and most important piece of information is your mandatory claim form. Find the applicable form below, fill it out, and attach it to your online submission.
Note: Forms are provided in Adobe PDF format. A recent version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat may be required to open, complete and sign a form on your system.
Please select your claim form:
- Trip Cancellation for Non-Medical Reason Claim Form
- Trip Cancellation for Medical Reason Claim Form
- Medical Certificate (required if the cancellation is for medical reasons)
- Trip Interruption for Non-Medical Reason Claim Form
- Trip Interruption for Medical Reason Claim Form
- Medical Certificate (required if the interruption was for medical reasons)
- Flight Delay Claim Form (for hotel, meals, etc)
- Medical Expenses Claim Form for Quebec residents
- Medical Expenses Claim Form for residents of all other provinces
- Medical Certificate (required for all medical claims)
- Quebec Provincial Claim Form
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Claim Form
- Alberta Provincial Claim Form
- Sample Alberta Medical Claim Form for reference
- British Columbia Provincial Claim Form - Schedule A Form for Medical Claims
- Sample British Columbia Schedule A Claim Form for reference
- British Columbia Provincial Claim Form - Hospital Admission Claims
- Sample British Columbia hospital admission claim form for reference
What to Expect
Given the high volume of claims at this time, we are asking that you submit your claim securely through TitanFile, a secure platform for uploading documents. While RBC Insurance is working hard to review your claim as quickly as possible, the process could take several weeks to complete. Thanks in advance for your patience.Start Online Submission