Coverage under Group Benefit Solutions
Give your employees and their families the protection they deserve with the following coverage options:
With RBC Insurance® Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, employees can be confident that they and their loved ones have financial protection.
Basic Life Insurance
Life insurance helps to ease the financial strain on an employee’s family by providing a non-taxable lump sum benefit to the family should the employee pass away.
- Choose to offer a flat coverage amount or a multiple amount of the employee’s salary
- An employee may be eligible to convert to an individual policy if he or she leaves the company
- Premiums may be waived up to age 65 if the employee becomes disabled
In addition to life insurance for employees, we also offer coverage for an employee’s spouse and dependents.
Optional Life Insurance
You can offer optional life insurance for employees, spouses and dependents who want more coverage than the basic policy provides.
- Employees can buy additional coverage at no extra cost to your company
- Employees can easily pay for their coverage through payroll deductions
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance provides an employee’s beneficiary with a benefit amount if an accident results in death, or financial compensation to the employee if an accident results in the loss of a limb, eyesight, hearing, speech or paralysis.
- Additional ancillary financial benefits are provided to cover day care for children
- Rehabilitative physical therapy benefits are also offered
RBC Insurance® Group Disability Insurance can help provide financial support when an employee becomes sick or injured. Plus, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs can help an employee get back to work.
Short Term Disability Insurance
Disability insurance protects both your company and employees from financial strain by providing employees with benefit payments equal to a portion of their regular salary.
- Employees may qualify for benefits without being totally disabled
- Employees may be able to work in a reduced capacity, with benefits
- Return-to-work and rehabilitation programs can help your employees return to work gradually or learn new skills for a different job
Short Term Disability Advice to Pay
If you choose to offer Long Term Disability benefits only, you may need help determining if an employee with a short term disability should continue to be paid, and for how long. RBC Insurance provides the advice needed for a flat fee per claim, plus any direct claims expenses.
Long Term Disability Insurance
A Long Term Disability plan can help protect your company and employees from the financial burden of a long term absence due to injury or illness by providing benefits to replace a portion of an employee’s regular salary.
- Employees can return to work in a reduced capacity, and still receive benefit payments
- Rehabilitation and return-to-work programs can help employees return to work gradually or learn new skills for a different job
- Optional Spousal Disability Benefits are available
- A Survival Benefit is paid to an eligible survivor if an employee passes away while receiving benefit payments
- A cost-of-living increase helps ensure that monthly benefit payments keep pace with inflation
- Additional services like Best Doctors‡ and Employee Assistance Programs are standard features
Help bridge the gap in employees’ provincial health coverage. We’re committed to containing costs for your company while making it easy for employees to submit claims and understand their coverage.
Prescription Drug Coverage
Customize your company’s prescription drug plan based on: reimbursement levels, drug plan maximums, deductibles, dispensing-fee caps, the types of drugs offered, and how employees are reimbursed for their prescriptions.
Healthcare benefits include coverage for:
- Paramedical services—covered practitioners and therapists (clinical psychologist, chiropractor, audiologist, massage therapist, dietician and more)
- Semi-private or private hospital room
- Private-duty nursing services
- Medical supplies and services such as hearing aids, orthopedic shoes and custom orthotics
- Accidental dental coverage
- Eye exams and an optional vision care benefit
- Out-of-province/country emergency medical travel insurance benefits
You have two options for offering dental benefits to employees:
- Basic dental coverage only, which includes recall exams, scaling, x-rays, filings and more
- Or, basic dental coverage plus: orthodontic services and major restorative services such as inlays, crowns, veneers and dentures
Health Spending Account (HSA)
An HSA can be used to allocate a certain amount of money to employees each year. Employees and their eligible dependents can use their HSA funds to pay for eligibleDisclaimer1 health and dental expenses not reimbursed by their regular plan, such as:
- Expenses due to deductibles or maximums that are outside of their regular plan coverage limits
- Eye glasses, contact lenses, laser eye surgery, dental implants, orthodontics, etc.
The surviving spouse or dependents of a deceased employee receives up to two years of continued benefits, with no premiums to pay, or cost to the company.
Cost Plus provides the option to pay for an employee’s unforeseen medical and dental expenses not covered under the plan.
Virtual Primary Care
Maple is a telemedicine service that connects employees directly with a doctor who can treat them online so they can feel better faster and get back to their jobs quicker.
- Standard coverage includes 4 visits per family annually, with access from 7am to midnight, seven days a week
- Premium coverage includes unlimited visits with 24-hour access, seven days a week
Mental Health Support Services
With a comprehensive range of options available, we can help guide plan members to the support that's right for them, including digital wellness programs, virtual counselling services, in-person sessions in your community and more.Learn more
Valuable Services, Savings and Support
We also offer a range of services, programs and discounts to support your business and employees:
For Plan Administrators
- Online Administration
- HR Support for Small Business
- Employee Assistance Program - Management Resources
For Plan Members
- Best Doctors‡ Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- RBC Insurance Wellness Program
- Medical Confidence™
- Discount Programs