Explore the Features and Benefits
Our solutions make it easy to quickly take care of all your plan administration tasks.
Administer your Group Benefits plan the easy way. Online Administration for Plan Administrators provides real-time secure access to your company's benefits plan, helping you to complete your tasks faster.
- Enjoy a real-time, paperless interface integrated with our enrolment system
- Add or remove a plan member
- Update plan member information
- Print a transaction summary of changes made
- Easily access your benefit plan booklets, contract and billing statements
- Generate reports using WebShieldStats†, our online reporting tool
Remember, we’re here to help!
Mental Health Support Services
Show employees you care about their wellbeing and reduce workplace absenteeism due to mental health issues by providing a comprehensive suite of solutions.
HR Support Centre
Access a wide range of valuable resources through the HR Support Centre website. There you can access:
- FREE ready-to-use HR policies, checklists and templates
- FREE management guides to navigate a variety of HR topics
- Timely updates on HR practices and employment/labour law
To access these resources, sign in to Online AdministrationOpens in new window and click on the ‘HR Support Centre’ link on the main page, or contact your Group Benefit Advisor for more information.
Work-Life Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This comprehensive program gives your employees 24/7 access to valuable and confidential support resources and a wealth of management resources for you. Learn more about all this program has to offer for you and your employees.
Your employees have access to an information-rich website filled with resources and materials, as well as toll-free phone access to counsellors, and referrals to qualified legal, financial and wellness professionals.
In addition to support for your employees, the program also offers valuable support to you:
This service gives you access to specially trained consultants who can provide guidance on workplace concerns such as employee tardiness and absenteeism, disciplinary issues, performance and productivity, substance abuse, co-worker conflicts, best practices for managing virtual employees and more.
Call TELUS Health at 1-877-630-6701 to schedule a consultation.
Access articles and podcasts on current and relevant topics that will help you hone your skills as a leader, better manage workplace issues and create a workplace culture of engagement.
To access the self-serve online library:
Clients with Health Coverage:
- Sign in to Online InsuranceOpens in new window and select ‘Health & Wellbeing Resources’.
- Under the 'Services' tab, select "Get the mental health support you need'.
- Under ‘Support and Resources’, select ‘Work’.
- From the ‘Work’ page, select ‘for Managers’.
Mobile app Access
Launch the RBC Insurance My Benefits app Opens in new window and select ‘Health & Wellbeing Support’.
Clients with Long Term Disability Coverage only:
RBC Insurance Wellness Program
Support and reward your employees’ health and well-being! This program is offered at no additional cost for Group Benefit Solutions plan members with health coverage and is easy for Plan Administrators to Implement.
Plan Members can access the RBC Insurance Wellness Program one of two ways:
Sign in to Online InsuranceOpens in new window. Select ‘Health & Wellbeing Resources’, and then select 'Improve your overall wellbeing'.
Launch the RBC Insurance My Benefits app and select ‘Health & Wellbeing Support’.
Plan Administrators can access the Admin Panel for RBC Insurance Wellness Program through Online InsuranceOpens in new window. Note that Plan Administrator access is not available through the My Benefits App.
How you access the Wellness Program as a Plan Administrator will depend on whether the email address you provided to register as an administrator is the same or different as the email address you provided when registering as a plan member
If your Plan Administrator email address is the same as your Plan Member email address:
- You can access the Wellness Program Admin Panel once logged-in as a Plan Member. Follow the plan member sign-in instructions above.
- Once signed in, you will see an “Admin” icon on the top right of the page, click it and select “Admin panel” from the drop down menu.
If your Plan Administrator email address is different from your Plan Member email address:
- When you become the Plan Administrator on RBC Insurance’s Group Benefit Solutions, you will receive an email from TELUS Health with a link to set up your Wellness Program Admin Panel access. Follow the link and complete the instructions
- From then on you will access the Admin Panel at admin.lifeworks.comOpens in new window. Please bookmark this page for ease of reference.
Note: This program is only available to clients with health coverage.
Virtual Primary Care
With Maple, employees get instant online access to Canadian doctors who can treat issues like colds and flu, infections and more via text message, phone or video.
How Maple benefits both employers and employees:
- Employees can get treatment faster with fewer barriers
- May help reduce absenteeism by cutting down on how much time employees need for medical appointments
- Contributes and improves overall employee satisfaction
- Helps to keep employees healthy, engaged and at work
Teladoc Medical Experts
Teladoc Medical Experts gives your employees and their eligible dependents access to the best medical professionals in the world when they are faced with a serious medical condition.
Services include expert second opinions about a medical diagnosis and treatment options, help finding leading specialists, information on medical conditions and help navigating the healthcare system. Access to specialized and timely care can mean better health outcomes for your employees and reduced time away from work.
Ensure that your employees know how to access the right medical care and advice when they need it most. Teladoc Medical Experts can be initiated by phone at 1-877-419-2378 or on-line through the Teladoc Medical Experts Member PortalOpens in new window.
Your employees have access to a variety of discounts and savings. Be sure to let them know about these opportunities to save!
Drug Compatibility Test
Through our partnership with Personalized Prescribing Inc., your employees can receive preferred pricing for a drug compatibility test.
Plan members who take advantage of the drug compatibility test can benefit from:
- Reduced chance of harmful side-effects due to taking the wrong medication
- Finding the proper treatment faster
- Less impact on their personal life, family and job
- Fewer trips to the doctor (by receiving the right drug sooner)
In addition, this program may help your company lower unnecessary drug claim costs by reducing medication waste and increase productivity due to less medication-related absenteeism and employee disability.
Health and Dental Claim Support
Your employees have easy access to their extended health and dental benefits. Each plan member receives an ID card and can manage their benefits through Online InsuranceOpens in new window or the My Benefits appOpens in new window.
Plan members can:
- Contact us for help with claims, services, technical support or general questions at 1-855-264-2174 (toll-free), Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm, ET.
- Access their benefits online through Online Insurance Opens in new window and the My Benefits Opens in new window.
- Explore the features and benefits of their plan, along with claims tips and frequently asked questions by visiting the Plan Member ResourcesOpens in new window page.
Disability Claims Management Support
Dealing with a disability issue can be stressful for both you and your employees. It’s our goal to help make things as easy as possible. Please review our Disability Claims FAQs below to better understand our claims process and how you can make this process easier on your employees.
Looking for a Form or Document?
If you administer an RBC Insurance Group Benefit Solutions plan you can also access resources by signing in to the Online Group Benefit Solutions website.
How to Complete and eSign a Fillable PDF Form or Application
To electronically sign PDF fillable forms and applications, you must first download and save the form to your computer and then retrieve the saved copy to complete with your client.
See more tips (Opens PDF in new window)
Note: Forms are provided in Adobe PDF format. A recent version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat may be required to open, read and print a form on your system.