How Motorcycle Insurance Protects YouDisclaimer2
Unless you can afford to replace or repair your motorcycle out-of-pocket, you’ll need coverage to help protect it from collisions, theft and moreDisclaimer3.
Helps to protect you financially if you injure someone or cause damage to another person’s property or vehicle while riding your motorcycle.
This coverage provides benefits to you or your family if you’re injured or killed by an uninsured or unidentified driver.
It also helps pay for damages to your motorcycle if they’re caused by an identified uninsured motorist.
If you’re injured in an accident, this coverage helps to replace lost income or pay for medical and other expenses not covered by government health insurance.
It can also provide benefits to your spouse or partner and dependent children if you are killed in an accident.
(Coverage is optional in Quebec and Newfoundland)
Your plan will provide affordable protection for a wide range of Disclaimer4.
- Protects you and your motorcycle financially (if you add coverage for loss or damage) against a wide range of risks
- Optional Waiver of Depreciation coverage replaces your bike with a brand-new model (even if it’s more expensive) if your bike is in an accident and damaged beyond repair
- Coverage is available for additional accessories and equipment installed before, at or after purchase (such as saddle bags, seatback extensions and more)
- Coverage is available for a trailer you pull behind your motorcycle to carry additional items
- 24/7 Satellite Road Assistance coverage protects you in case you break down, need a tow or battery boost, run out of gas and more—in Canada or the U.S.
- Receive discounts for anti-lock brakes, advanced rider training, having more than one policy with us, and more
Get a Quote
Protect your motorcycle—get an online quote or talk to a licensed insurance advisor.
- Call 1-877-749-7224
- Have an Advisor Call Me opens new window
The following types of motorcycles are typically eligible for coverage through RBC Insurance:
- Standard motorcycles
- Motorcycles with a side-car
- Trikes/tricycles, such as Can-Am Spyder, Harley Davidson Tri Glide or Freewheeler
- Off-road motorcycles, if the operator holds a valid motorcycle licence
- Show bikes
- Vintage motorcycles
- Motor scooters/limited speed motorcycles
- Maxi/touring scooters with engines ranging from 250 cc up to 839 cc
In general, the following types of motorcycles are not eligible for coverage:
- Children's off-road motorcycles with a seat height of 30"
- Mini bikes, pocket bikes and pit bikes that are for small riders or off-road recreational use
- Motorcycles with an engine displacement greater than 2000 cc's
- Motorcycles or motor scooters not licensed for use on public roads
- Motorcycles used for competition, jumping, hill climbs or farming
- Motorcycles used to commute regularly to the U.S.
- Mopeds (motor-assisted bicycles)
*Note: The information above is a summary only. There are additional motorcycle types that may be excluded.
Products distributed by RBC Insurance Agency Ltd. and underwritten by Aviva General Insurance Company.